History

The Ceres Project has been named after the Ceres, a steamship with sails built in 1876 for a South Australian Company with a number of Yorke Peninsula farmers as shareholders.

The Ceres serviced Yorke Peninsula ports and played an important role in communications and trade with Adelaide.

Ceres Captain John Germein became an early Yorke Peninsula pioneer and several landowners involved in the project are his descendants.

The Ceres operated on power generated by wind and biomass.

Website design by ChinaShop © 2011